Ready for a lifestyle change? Get in on this exciting
opportunity to own your own year-round outdoor adventure business! Alpha
Adventures in Sechelt / Gibsons BC is for sale! This turn-key operation boasts
a well-established dealer network of industry leading brands, including
Arc’teryx, Patagonia, Black Diamond, Delta Kayaks, Atlas Snowshoes, Rossignol
skis, Wilderness Systems kayaks, Starboard Paddleboards and many more.
Located conveniently in the Wilson Creek Plaza on Highway 101, this outdoor adventure store is positioned perfectly for year-round operations. During the winter months, the store’s location is ideal to service the Dakota Ridge Winter Recreation Area as it is literally at the base of the road leading to it. The central location in Wilson Creek serves as easy access for clients coming from Gibsons or Sechelt. Ample parking in the plaza – plus excellent walk-by traffic from neighboring businesses (IGA, Coffee Shop, Gas, Pizza, Sushi, Liquor store are all located on site) makes the location ideal for local shoppers and visitors alike.
second store was added in 2021 in historic Lower Gibsons. Located in Molly’s
Lane- the Gibsons store sees an incredible amount of tourist walk by traffic,
and is well located on the scenic seaside walking route. A private dock with
easy water access for rentals tours and lessons makes this location amazing.
Tours, lessons, rentals, and sales in a variety of outdoor sports such as kayaking, stand-up paddle boarding, snowshoeing, cross-country skiing, rock climbing, hiking, and camping propel this business with year-round success.
During the summer months, Alpha Adventures operates a 3rd satellite location in Pender Harbour for rentals, lessons and tours.
With 20+ years of history, you’ll be a step ahead of the competition due to excellent traction in the marketplace, a loyal customer base, and ample opportunity for growth. What’s more, moving to the Sunshine Coast could be just the ticket to get away from the big city drab and start living the adventure lifestyle. Within 15 minutes or less from the store, you’ll have easy access to mountains, trails, and the ocean. The amazing quality of life on the Sunshine Coast reaches even further with affordable housing, great schools, and an open, accepting community.
Alpha Adventures’ operations are comprised of:
• Full Service Specialty Outdoor Retail Store- Open Year Round –
Currently 7 days a week
• Paddle sports Rentals (Spring – Fall) – Kayaks, Canoes, Stand up Paddleboards. Davis Bay – One of the Sunshine Coast’s premier beaches is a 2 min drive away.
• Unlike other rental providers – we also offer rental delivery service all over the Sunshine Coast.
• A second Specialty Outdoor Retail Store – Open Year-round in
historic Lower Gibsons. Waterfront access via private dock for rentals, lessons
& tours. Parking on site in Molly’s Lane.
• Seasonal Summer Rental Location – Adjacent to the Government Dock and Boat Ramp in Madeira Park (Pender Harbour).
• Seasonal Rentals (Winter) – Cross Country Skiing, Snowshoeing
• Guided Tours / Lessons: Kayaking, Stand up paddleboards, Canoeing, Cross Country Skiing, and Snowshoeing. Year-round operations for tours, lessons and rentals.
• Protected Dealership Base: Numerous key brands are sold exclusively on the Sunshine Coast at Alpha Adventures:
o Delta Kayaks
o Arc’teryx Clothing and equipment
o Rossignol Skis, Fischer Skis
o Black Diamond
o Scarpa Footwear
o Atlas Snowshoes
o Old Town Kayaks & Canoes, Ocean Kayak
o Wilderness Systems, Perception, Dagger and Seaward Kayaks, Clipper Canoes
O Werner Paddles
o Starboard, Boardworks, NSP & Surftech SUP
o Gregory Packs
These are hallmark brands in the industry and are immediately recognized by the public.
• Permits for commercial recreation operations for Sechelt Inlet, Porpoise Bay and Dakota Ridge (commercial recreation tenure permit for Dakota Ridge).
• Established Point of Sale systems in place – including hardware (scanner- till and label maker, as well as remote mobile point of sale hardware).
• Summer & Winter Rental Fleets
• The following domains are included in this sale:
Future Growth Areas
The following markets are targeted for future growth:
• Mountain Bike rentals & tours. The Sunshine Coast has an extensive network of mountain bike trails for all levels of riding. An active cycling community supports trail building and helps to promote the sport. The Sunshine Coast has been a favorite location on the BC Bike Race circuit for a number of years.
• Rock Climbing- Rock climbing continues to grow on the Sunshine Coast. With 2 local gyms demand is increasing for possible services for outdoor lessons as well.
• Guided Hiking Trips- Trails abound on the Sunshine Coast. From a few hours – overnight. Hut-to-Hut trips are possible in the Tetrahedron.
• Multi-Day Guided Snowshoe Trips: The Tetrahedron Mountain range has excellent snow and four backcountry huts that can help facilitate multi-day snowshoe tours.
• Wind Surfing / Kite Boarding lessons – the location’s proximity to Davis Bay is ideal.
All of the above areas for growth can naturally fit into the operations of this business on the Sunshine Coast.
|Address||ALPHA ADVENTURES 2 - 4330 SUNSHINE COAST HIGHWAY|
|Type of Dwelling||COMM|
|Floor Area||1,180 Sq. Ft.|
|Listing Brokerage||RE/MAX City Realty|